cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
New Contributor Loz2013
New Contributor

Re: Slow browsing of international sites on Optus network

Still can't get on Netflix or fortnite on the switch or ps4 in Adelaide how much longer is this going to take its frustrating 

0 Kudos
New Contributor ScottCallen
New Contributor

Close to 12 hrs now of no internet on international sites on Optus. I now have a fault recorded but even the text link even wont load.

No time frame or help from tech support.

0 Kudos
New Contributor KentChiang
New Contributor

Looks like the internet is getting better now.

Most of the websites that I'd tried before can be reached now.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor bertiebassett
New Contributor

I have the same issue on my cable broadband service too - so it looks like it affects more than the mobile network

Have had the problem since yesterday afternoon (22nd May)

Australian Web Sites (smh.com.au etc)  are fine and some international sites (bbc.com) work too

0 Kudos
New Contributor bertiebassett
New Contributor

I have had this problem on my cable broadband too since yesterday afternoon (22nd May) - so I think it is wider than the Optus Mobile Network Australian sites are all good. Some international sites (e.g BBC) are fine too. Most international sites are either VERYyyy Slowwwww or don't even appear when I browse .. If I VPN into my local office network and route through our company network the slow response goes away! Is there a status page where we can monitor this ? Thanks
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor alvaro777666
Occasional Contributor

Problem started at about 2PM yesterday and is still there.

Possibly some improvement but sites like www.wikipedia.org still have 50% packet loss.

Other sites have less drops than yesterday but 20% packet loss still makes sites close to useless.

More importantly for me, my employer's VPN servers have over 50%packet loss so I have to work over a thethered non-Optus mobile phone for a second day.

In the Network Status page, Optus say everything is fine. There is no problem.

Just to make it clear that they dont give a F***

0 Kudos
New Contributor Pathfinder
New Contributor

I am the point of surrendering to another power - Aussie BB. Why on earth is Optus such a crap supplier. Hopeless in supply. Hopeless in fixing their lack of supply. Third world but then apologise to recently visted Laos, Cambodia who leave us looking like Fourth World. Optus..... NBN is our life line and I NEVER SIGNED UP FOR ASSISTED DEATH

0 Kudos
New Contributor Jarki5
New Contributor

Re: UPDATE: Slow browsing of international sites on Optus network

My service has been poor for days. Phone and chat services unavailable, no notification from optus about the problem. Still managed to get my bill to me though and still no idea when the service will be fixed. Just love tethering my mobile to be able to access the internet.

0 Kudos
New Contributor naarmitage
New Contributor

Re: INCORRECT INFO - porkies being told here : Slow browsing of international sites on Optus network

this info is not true - I have been suffering from outages and drops ouits since last week on optus interent not just international steaming sites, they are telling porkies and we are losing business - last week I had no phone or internet locally - how many clients did I lose because I didnt answer my phone - this week millions of dollars in transactions waiting on optus to let me into a standard australian financial website - I ring and they say they have no information & it is all blamed on the "outage" - crap service as usual

0 Kudos
New Contributor Franklyfedup
New Contributor

Re: UPDATE: Slow browsing of international sites on Optus network

So apparently the issue has grown so much that the chat on optus's website has been cut off as well. Pathetic.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Top Contributors