Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

UPDATE: Slow browsing of international sites on Optus network

Hi Yes Crowd,

Just received a brief internal notification of a known issue. Updates will be provided here as they become available.

• Customers are experiencing slow browsing experience for international sites only.
  • Latest update is Mobile Networks team are investigating, no ETA.

Update at 23rd May 10:02am Sydney time:

Access to the majority of sites and applications that some customers were experiencing issues with have been restored. We apologise to our customers who are experiencing ongoing issues.

Update at 23rd May 4:00pm Sydney time:

Our team continue to monitor and test performance of websites and applications which remain stable.

Update at 23rd May 5:42pm Sydney time:

Access to affected websites and applications have stabilised. Our Tech team is continuing to test and monitor performance.

Update at 24th May 4:21pm Sydney time:

Networks have confirmed this issue is resolved with international traffic performance consistently stable.
Networks will continue to closely monitor international traffic performance to ensure no ongoing issues.
Mobile and fixed customers who experience slow browsing are advised to visit our help and support troubleshooting page.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
35 Replies
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Slow browsing of international sites on mobile network

So its not just me then, thats a relief!

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question?
Please remember to throw a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor zzzman
Occasional Contributor

Relieved to know it’s not just me or my phone. 

Use a VPN to bypass optus servers for now. 

New Contributor somebodyelse
New Contributor

This is also affecting cable and NBN customers.

Occasional Contributor Kitiara
Occasional Contributor

Agreed. On Optus NBN and trying to use the internet is PAINFUl. Current ETA just to download a handful of emails is 11 minutes (US POP3 server)  Even Facebook isn't working properly

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Slow browsing of international sites on Optus network

Update as of 4:33PM Sydney time:

• Networks are currently tracking an issue impacting mobile and fixed subscribers browsing international sites (Fault Ticket Number 21108170).
  • Related to NPR: 21102257 for international link issue between Optus and Amazon webservers in the USA
  • Customers are experiencing slow browsing when navigating to internet sites hosted internationally this is also impacting the related mobile apps.
  • The below DRVA script has been deployed at 22/05/2019  3:04 PM

We’re aware some callers may be having problems with their internet service. Our Technicians are working hard to fix the problem.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Occasional Contributor Flappers1
Occasional Contributor

I have no NBN nothing works all optus says are there working on a fault. Epping Victoria 

0 Kudos
New Contributor JimR
New Contributor

same here , Thornlie WA

0 Kudos
New Contributor Jimmyd998
New Contributor

Similar trouble here, unable to connect to various game servers through my Xbox One, no netflix, no Hayu. When I hotspot to my Telstra 4G connected phone everything works so this appears to be Optus only issue. I'm using Optus NBN on a 100Mb/40Mb connection. Will someone fix this already.

0 Kudos
Contributor juzdu
Contributor

Do you know why Optus isn't reporting this on their status pages?  That's where I went to look and it just says "No reported outages in this area.".

I only lucked across your post when posting about it in Yes Crowd a few minutes ago.