Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Tower

Can you tell me when the optus tower will be constructed and operational on the south end of Russell Island. There are sick, elderly and isolated people who are desperate for this service to be available. Fire season is approaching and all residents on the southern end are very concerned that we still have no answers. We need it now, can a temporary measure be implemented in the meantime until the tower is constructed? please help us

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Tower

Hello, Fellow Redlands Resident here (Victoria Point).

The Southern Russel Island mobile tower was announced as part of the Federal Governments Black Sport Program ~ April this year it was announced.

I cannot see any license for the tower as yet on the ACMA website: http://web.acma.gov.au/pls/radcom/site_proximity.nearby_sites

Last I heard (Via local newspaper) is that land was being sourced and the tower construction was being tendered out to the market.

Things like council approval (including residents saying they dont want a tower built at a location etc) are all required.

Optus have a page with Blackspot info inc a map and rollout info.

https://www.optus.com.au/shop/mobile/network/mobile-black-spot-program#blackspot-map

I cannot find Russel Island though (unless my eyes are that bad!)

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question?
Please remember to throw a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Re: Tower

Hey @Jossey - I've looked and can see that there is a tower on Russell Island forecast for the 07/09. This is subject to change depending on a number of factors. I hope this helps! 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos