cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
New Contributor
New Contributor

Tower transmissions

Hi Crowd,

I have had a much needed Optus tower installed near us recently, on the coverage map it says that 'the network'  now covers my area. However I have tested my phone and wireless broadband modem to no avail. I called Optus technical support and they agreed that there is no coeverag currently from that tower, but can't tell me why. They said they don't access the Network Engineering data, so all I can really do is sit back and wait for one day when the bars go up on the phone. Any online information I could find tells me that all the tower should be switched on and cellular and various 4G transmission frequencies, but there is obviously a lag in information. Are they any network engineers in the group that can shed some light?

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Re: Tower transmissions

Hi @Bighkingfish1, really sorry for the experience here and this is strange. May I please confirm if the techs confirmed what tower you were connected to and also if your handset bandwidths was causing this? 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi,

Thanks for making contact. I have been through tech support who helped out as much as possible, but all I really want to know is when the new tower near me will actually be switched on for Cell coverage and 4G ! Tech support said they do not have access to this info, even thought the tower is already 'live' on the maps.

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hey @Bighkingfish1, can you provide a postcode so I can look into this for you? I'll do what I can to help and see if I can dig around for some info.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos