Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Highlighted
New Contributor Elliot_S
New Contributor

Tower problems in Victoria Park, Sydney

Dunno where else to report this - in Victoria park in Sydney (near the Uni) there is full 4G reception, but no Internet connectivity. It's been like that for a few days.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Moderator Kartika

Re: Tower problems in Victoria Park, Sydney

Apologies for the delay in response and your mobile coverage issue, @Elliot_S. How is the service now? Have you tried basic troubleshooting like switching the phone off and on? You can always check our Network Status → here. If the issue persist then you will need to raise it with Tech Support on 131344 (open 24x7) to investigate further. 

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor Elliot_S
New Contributor

Yes I have tried basic troubleshooting, it's not a handset issue, it's one or more towers around the Victoria Park area. As soon as my phone switches to the bad tower, the internet speed drops through the floor, and then recovers as soon as I'm about 100m away or move out of line-of-sight.

I'd rather not have to call a technical support phone line to report your network issue if there's someone on staff here that can easily pass it to the network maintenance crew. It won't just be me that has this issue. I'm surprised your NOC hasn't flagged it already (or maybe it has).

0 Kudos
New Contributor Elliot_S
New Contributor

It's ECI 19294473

MCC 505
MNC 2
Band 1
TAC 52009
*** ECI 19294473
eNB 75369
PCI 390
NID 130/0
LCID 9

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hey @Elliot_S, I'm sorry we weren't able to respond back to this one sooner. We'd raised a fault ticket 17392985  for our Sydney University site - no S1769. We've had an open ticket since the 18-OCT-2017. There was a remark left on the 21/10/17 advising of a System module failure. We'd reset the site and we've been monitoring it over the course of the last few weeks. Has there been any improvement on your end? I can always reach out to Networks and confirm if they have an update for this one. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor Elliot_S
New Contributor

Sorry, meant to update last week but forgot - it's fixed now, normal service has been resumed. I noticed it was fixed on Thursday.

cheers

-E

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Ah, that's what I was hoping for! Cheers for the update @Elliot_S. Enjoy what's left of the weekend 🙂 

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos