Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Inov8
New Contributor
New Contributor

Terrible mobile coverage

Please help me understand why Optus mobile coverage in Little Bay (NSW) is so terrible? I have called Optus customer support (12 months ago) only to be told there are faulty towers and no idea if/when they will ever be fixed.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Kyri_YC

Re: Terrible mobile coverage

Hey there @Inov8. It's not great to hear that you are having some network troubles in your area. From what I've been able to see, there was some maintenance works in the Little Bay, NSW area from the 14/01 to the 19/01, but these have now been completed/resolved.

I recommend testing out some Mobile network troubleshooting from our help and support page that may help in improving your service.

If you continue to have troubles, feel free to reach out to our teams on Facebook or Twitter, as they will be more than happy to investigate your troubles further from there.        

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

12 months ago? Might be worth a follow up call.

I'd also suggest you get a cheap prepaid SIM from a few other providers. Try the following:

1) Stick your SIM in a friend phone and test the reception - good reception means the issue might be your phone
2) Stick in a cheap $5 SIM and test the reception - good reception means the issue is likely Optus.
Inov8
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thank you @petergdownload  for the response. I have tried other providers and there seems to be common problem across all providers... Little Bay seems to be in no man's land when it comes to telecommunication services.  As a long term customer of Optus, is there any solution to improve Optus mobile coverage in the area?

0 Kudos
Nard_YC

@Inov8, upon checking our Planned Coverage/Upgrades for Little Bay NSW, I can see there are some works scheduled in the next 3-6 months (subject to change). 

We won't be able to see the exact dates/times or specifics about the works until closer to the dates that they're being carried out however these works are generally done to better improve network experience in the area by increasing capacity, upgrading existing tech or upgrading to newer tech (such as 5G). 

You're welcome to reach out to us later down the track for any updates available. 

In the meantime, if you're a Postpaid mobile customer, you may benefit from using WiFi Calling which allows you to make & receive calls or SMS over your WiFi connection. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

I think @Nard_YC is about the best response you're going to get.

On the plus side I can see you probably have FTTC. Setting up wifi calling might be your best bet.
0 Kudos
Inov8
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks @petergdownload.
"Our network needs work but we don't know when/if ever it will be done" was the exact same response I received 12 months ago when I called Optus customer service. I think it's time the neighbourhood association puts some pressure on the politician to improve the poor service offered to the forgotten residents of Little Bay. It's time for some action.