cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor NC73
New Contributor

Telstra contacts are unable to dial my number

Whenever anyone on Tetlstra dial my number they are getting the following message: "Your call could not be connected, please check the number and try again".

How do I go about getting this reportetd to the correct support service to get it resolved? It has been happening for about a week now.

Thank you!!

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Moderator GuyCS

Re: Telstra contacts are unable to dial my number

Hey @NC73 - not great to hear you're having trouble receiving calls from the Telstra Network. 

Just to confirm, is this for a mobile or landline service?

If you'd like, you can always reach out to our Tech Support team over Live Chat or over the phone on 13 13 44 (open all hours) for real-time troubleshooting.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor NC73
New Contributor

Thank you for your reply!

As far as I have been able to ascertain, this relates to all calls made from Telstra mobile phones to my optus mobile phone number.

Telstra landline to optus mobile - works

Telstra mobile to optus mobile - fail

Optus mobile to optus mobile - works

Thanks!

0 Kudos
New Contributor CWY41
New Contributor

We are having the same problem, at least two phone numbers in our fleet are effected. 

0 Kudos
New Contributor CWY41
New Contributor

Same problem on our account also. We have called Technical Support, updated phones, turned on and off, SIM Swapped still no positive result. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor GregD
Occasional Contributor

I had an issue with getting Telstra SMSs after I moved to Optus. Telstra refused to talk to me saying it wasnt their problem. Optus couldnt see anything wrong on their side. I eventually went to the telecommunications ombudsman forcing the issue to be resolved. It ended up with the Optus techs filing a form to transfer the service from telstra to Optus again. It wasnt transferred correctly by Telstra the first time. I spent many months of talking to both parties until I forced the issue legally. It was fixed within one week.

New Contributor NC73
New Contributor

The issue mysteriously got rectified. I tried calling my Optus mobile number again today from a Telstra phone and it is working again. Certainly nothing done on my side...

0 Kudos
New Contributor calo78
New Contributor

I had the same problem with my landline a few months back (Joined Optus from Telstra). So bad Optus could not resolve the issue at all after months of phone calls. I ended up getting out of the contract with no penalty, thanks to the Telecommunications Ombudsman. Now I have the exact same issue but now with my mobile service (My wife's phone had no issue previously switching over from Telstra, so why am I??). So I've narowed it down to 2 problems....

1. Telstra like screwing Optus around with numbers switching over to from Telstra. Although this seems unlikley as we have had other members of our family switch from Telstra to Optus without issue. 

2. Optus like screwing me over when I swap over to them (& I'm starting to take it personally). This is the only certain explanation. 

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hi calo78,

It wouldn't be anything personal although I get what you would feel that way.

Have you recently ported across or have been with Optus for a while?

If you put your SIM in your wife's phone, does the same issue occur?

As per other responses, it needs to be looked into by Technical Support or maybe the Porting team was well if it was just recently transferred over.

Please let us know how you go.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos