Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Switching from telstra to optus

On sunday me and my mum chose to swap to optus from telstra, we have both found that our network has not begun to work on our new phones. I am sure i was told it would only take 12 hours for the plan yo switch over but this hasnt been the case, os there anything ai can do? 

I have tried calling the store but optus just texts me links to the support line which takes me to the live chat which always seems to be busy. Please help!!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Blog Author

Re: Switching from telstra to optus

Hey @Cassie1995

You might find this little FAQ sheet handy → http://www.optus.com.au/shop/support/answer/what-timeframes-can-i-expect-when-porting-my-number-to-o.... We don't actually port numbers on Sunday's or public holidays. If you've processed the order in store, they've more than likely saved your order and kept a commitment to submit the port in request at a later date (although this should of been actioned on Monday).

Did we ask either you or your mum to confirm your Telstra account number? In order to successfully port a service we do need to ensure that the details you provide us with match with what's held on record with the loosing carrier (that's your full name, DOB and account number). Have you given a live chat team a shot → www.optus.com.au/livechat/pmobi? They'll be able to update you on the status of your port. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos