Searching...

Sudden PING spikes that dont stop

Bucko3101

Im not sure what the probem is. I am using a USB stick that has prepaid data on it. It was fine till about 2 days ago when the lag just didnt stop when im playing online games. Ive changed my DNS to googles 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4. Nothing has changed. Has optus got problems or is it on my end?

Re: Sudden PING spikes that dont stop

Bucko3101

I get 2 bars on the 4G network and when ive changed it to 3G it goes from bad to worse.

Squizz

My post on issues with 4G+ in Perth since yesterday: https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/NBN/NBN-issue/m-p/327820

Steph_C

Doesn't sound good - have you checked here for any listed network impacts that may be causing this? 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

Squizz

Hi,

Everything is back to normal now.

I did check that link when the issue was present and there was nothing relevant under the outages tab. What was interesting was that for as long as the issue persisted, under the coverage tab the 4G+ coverage was overstated for WA, even more than clicking the 6 months future coverage. Possibly coincidence but if it happens again I'll screenshot it.

Highlighted

Squizz

Hi Bucko,

Are you still experiencing these issues?

Does your USB stick/software have a network status page that tells you what LTE Band you're on?

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
24 Kudos
22 Kudos
21 Kudos
12 Kudos
10 Kudos