Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
IamVun
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Stupidly high latency while gaming

For some reason, while my son is  playing video games (e.g ROBLOX) he is getting high latency, usually around 2000-5000ms. This is not a problem with the game as he plays with his friends and they get 150 in the same server as him. They use Telstra. Should I just switch? I have already had a technician come down a few months ago for the same problem.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
George_YC

Re: Stupidly high latency while gaming

Hi @IamVun,

Thank you for raising this issue.

I'd suggest checking out our Home Internet troubleshooting page to see if that helps with your issues.

Please note that we’re unable to look into account details on Yes Crowd.

If you’re still needing a hand, we recommend messaging us via the My Optus app. Our Messaging team is available 24/7 and are ready to assist customers as quickly as possible.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
IamVun
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I'm just going to contact Optus as nothing else worked. Thanks for the reply.

0 Kudos
IamVun
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Update, still not fixed by them. Asked me to spend an extra 10 bucks on game path. Not gonna do that. They then put me up to a manager and am still waiting for response.

0 Kudos
Aman_YC

Hi @ IAMVUN - So sorry that this is still not resolved.

With regards gaming servers there can be latency issues depending on the location of the server and the only way to resolve is by adding game path.  Please note game path can only be used on a PC. 

If you’re still needing a hand, we recommend messaging us via the My Optus App. The team is available 24/7 and are ready to assist customers as quickly as possible.
If for some reason you’re unable to, if you have a social media account, please then Optus on Facebook or on Twitter with the details for further assistance mentioning you’re unable to use the My Optus app. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
IamVun
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I don't know, man. His friend uses telstra and for the same exact price as optus he gets 130. If game path reduces latency by 30 percent then 30 percent off of 2000 ping is 1400. I might look into telstra. Thanks for responding, though.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors