Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor TheBrain
Occasional Contributor

Slow 4G

Hey Guys 

I have a S5 Located in Suburbia Coverage Map Shows Purple All Around I have at least 3 Optus Towers within 3km one 500m Can't get better that 1MPS on 4G If I Nock my phone onto 3G I get 5MPS..

Any thoughts I contacted Optus and they say I am in a poor 4G area go Figure.

S

Tags (1)
14 Replies
Highlighted
RetiredModerator Gen_R
RetiredModerator

Re: Slow 4G

Hey TheBrain - when you're in rural areas we may only have one frequency available which would mean slower speeds but they reach a much father distance. Whereabouts are you located? 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hi

Location is the Bush Capital of Australia also known as the Nations Capital Canberra you would think there would be sufficient 4G here I aaked a optus rep about my coverage before and they pulled some mumbo jumbo about a live coverage map and said i am in a poor reception area for 4G but if i look at the coverage map on line there is more purple than dorothy from the wiggles at my location.

S

Highlighted
Contributor idreamofsydney_
Contributor

Hi @TheBrain,

In order to help, I need to know the exact suburb in Canberra you are experiencing slow 4G speeds. 

Once I get that info, I can search up the towers in that area and see if there are any current interruptions, problems, or maintenance. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hi

North end of spence close to copland drive

Ive only been an optus customer for about 2 months and its been the same since i signed up i got better speed from VF

I can see one of the optus towers near the water tank in spence and one on mount Rodgers in Fraser/Flynn/Spence from my lounge room

S

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator Serena
RetiredModerator

Thanks @TheBrain, if this is in Evatt 2617 area, we do have a tower near Owen Dixon  DR that's having some maintenance work done from the 21/04/17 to 24/04/17. Keep us posted with how things are running after the 24th 🙂

Have you seen something helpful? Don't forget to give it a kudos. Asked a question and got an answer? Make sure you mark it as an accepted solution!

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

I believe that there is a tower behind the water tank located off clarey cre in Spence this is close to owen dixion drive is that the on you are talking about

S

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Serena
RetiredModerator

Not too sure about the water tank sorry, if you jump on our network status page HERE and click on mobile outages (on the right), you can type in your postcode and see the tower in orange? That's the one I'm referring too 🙂

Have you seen something helpful? Don't forget to give it a kudos. Asked a question and got an answer? Make sure you mark it as an accepted solution!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor idreamofsydney_
Contributor

I think I know which one you mean.

I looked it up on the network outages page and I can see that it's working fine.

I think Optus might need to do some upgrades to increase the capacity of the network in your area.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

This is terrible my connection to 4G is so slow i cant use "The Crowd" site speed test shows 0.21Mbps still not happy I know its not my phone because in other parts of the city O I get 40+ Mbps 

All my web pages timeout before they can load

😞

0 Kudos
Top Contributors