cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
New Contributor
New Contributor

Sim card coverage Turket

Hi,

My sim card is not receiving coverage in turkey for the last few days. I received text messages on my prepaid sim until 5th August but none in the last few days and my phone says there is no coverage. I was using online chat to try fix the problem but when I reset my phone as instructed by the operator the online chat logged out. She had asked me to manually search and connect to to the 3 available operators of vodaphone, avena, and Turk cell that optus partner with I believe. I have been unable to relogin to chat possibly because of the time difference. 

Does somebody know the  Australian hours online chat is available?

And is there an email to contact optus customer support? I cannot call their support line because off the coverage problem and need this problem fixed to allow netbanking. 

Many thanks,

Nathan Cohen 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Sim card coverage Turket

As far as I am aware the live chat runs 24/7. Having said that it's not unusual for the chat to be busy and subsequently you may have to try a number of times before you can connect. The live chat link below is the one that I use however the My Optus app if you have it on your phone also has a live chat facility that works over a WiFi connection.

www.optus.com.au/shop/notices/service-chat

0 Kudos
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Free call Optus from overseas any time: +61 2 8082 5678

Live chat is meant to be 24/7 but seems to go offline everynow and again. Try again later...

FWIW Optus have almost no direct control over overseas coverage.

If you need to login urgently find an internet cafe and pay for an hours access.

Regards 

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Hi @Nathco1

Sorry to hear this. Are you still experiencing these issues? We're you able to get in contact with our live chat team? Please let us know if you're still experiencing these issues. 

0 Kudos