Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Sim Activation Error: PPACT-SIMVAL-0008

Hello,

I bought a $40 dollar prepaid sim card. Entered he number in correctly and keep recieving an error. Can someone from Optus try and activate it for me? My number is 5817047981702

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Blog Author

Re: Sim Activation Error: PPACT-SIMVAL-0008

I'm happy to give it a shot @Conoralex

PPACT-SIMVAL-0008 - SIM number entered is unavailable, please check you've correctly entered SIM number and try again.

It sounds like a faulty SIM or a SIM card number that's already been allocated. I'll give it a shot and see whether I have any luck with a manual activation.

Worse comes to worst, you're going to need to request a refund. Can you fill out the template below and send that back through via PM?

Your full name:

DOB:

Mobile number (if you're porting): 

http://yesopt.us/pmdan

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi Dan,

I tried to get a refund today off Australian post but they couldn’t do it for me as it is seen as a gift card. Someone else on the Optus team tried to activate the sim but still no luck.

I’ve read that some people have bought another sim and then been credited for the payment already made? Do I need to buy another 40$ S or can I buy a lowcoast one and  still have  a 15gb data plan? I don’t really have the money to throw 80$ at a sim card if I’m perfectly honest. Desperately need a number to get work here in Australia so this has been a huge inconvenience for me..

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Blog Author

I've replied back @Conoralex.

I'll chat with you there. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos