cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
tao123
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Should I get a WiFi modem if there is a NBN outage?

My nbn off again this Sunday, it was nbn tech problem last Sunday . I was told caz outage . I was not able to use my Optus mobile data while nbn is off . Spoke to your staff , I was told data will be add on in 4 hrs . Should I get WiFi modem in case ?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Ray_YC
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Outage

Hi tao123,

Hard to say without knowing what suburb/postcode you're located in and how significant the outage is, I'm sure if it was Optus would have offered you one especially if mobile data was down as well.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
tao123
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

2076 Wahroonga. We still off NBN . I cannot access my mobile data at my home premises but it works perfectly at local Liabrary or shopping center . Any clues ?
0 Kudos
Ray_YC
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Checking here there is known fixed outage in Wahroonga. You can continue to monitor it and report your own fault to receive text updates.

There are no reported mobile outages though so at this stage it's a mystery why it's not working. Are you using mobile data at home or WiFi? What troubleshooting have you done with your phone, e.g. restarted, changed mobile network settings, other users on the same network in the household having the same problem, etc.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos