Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
Highlighted
New Contributor Johnernest
New Contributor

Send/receive e-mail

Hi, while I can access my e-mail through Webmail and Explorer (via desktop or iPad), my Microsoft Outlook does not show latest e-mails when I click on Send/Receive. Any suggestions on how I can fix it please. 

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Send/receive e-mail

If you are using the one email on multiple devices it may conflict if not setup correctly. What setup did you go for IMAP or POP?

Highlighted
New Contributor

Thanks for your quick response. I'm not very tech savvy and do not recognise either setup option. Until yesterday all my e-mails automatically downloaded into my Micro Outlook view (or by clicking Send/receive) but since this morning nothing has come through and there is no response to my Send/Receive command. I have not made any adjustments to any settings.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Ok so you see the new emails on your iPad and also in Webmail but they won't download to Outlook on your PC is that correct?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@Johnernest There has a been a few posts today with a similar issue.

Open your email account settings in outlook and double check the settings against the settings on this page 

https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Broadband-Telephony/Setting-up-Optusnet-Email-POP3-VS-IMAP/td-p/588...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor

Thanks I will try your suggestion. Oddly, I did receive e-mail messages from Yes crowd yesterday but not any of the other many mails that flow through every day.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Hmm I suspect your iPad is marking the mail as read and subsequently Outlook is not downloading them. Try logging in to webmail and marking the messages as unread and then try Outlook.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors