Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Sandy1983
New Contributor
New Contributor

Samsung S20 Ultra and Samsung Note 20

I have had both phones on the Optus network where I live in Cranbourne/Clyde for the last year. The area doesn't have great reception so I never make calls until I am out of the area. It doesn't matter where I go in Victoria the problem is the same. Two brand new phones and about 4 new Sims. Keep getting told it's the Sim......my calls will connect for a min then drop out. Call back...same thing. I am sick of the rubbish excuses Optus keeps using to placate myself and hundreds of others that complain of the exact same problem. My partner also had the same problem, went to the TIO and had his contract cancelled. I will be doing the same.

I dont like Telstra as they are more expensive and you pay for everything , but if means I can actually have a phone conversation so be it. Since changing to Telstra he has had no issues. It's a joke they just keep fobbing us off when it is their problem and not ours.

I have also contacted the TIO and will be seeking to terminate my contract for myself and kids. It's just not worth the headache anymore. This has gone on for a year now and nothing has been done.
0 Kudos
5 Replies
George_YC

Re: Samsung S20 Ultra and Samsung Note 20

Hi @Sandy1983, I'm sorry to hear you are having some issues with the Optus Network.

Have you tried turning on Voice over 4G (VoLTE) and WiFI calling if you have a compatible device from Optus? This may help with any call issues. With these turned on, calls will be picked up through the internet to carry the call. To do that, follow the easy steps on our WiFi calling support page. 

We'd also love to help you out further and try to get your concerns sorted for you. Please note that we’re unable to look into account details on Yes Crowd. If you have a social media account, please then send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details for further assistance.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

Sandy1983
New Contributor
New Contributor

I have always had wi fi calling on as at home in Melbourne we have no reception. However, this has made no difference at all. As I mentioned my calls are made out and about for this reason in many different locations.
I have spoken to technical support who asked me to do everything I had already done. None of your generic quick fixes work. This isn't just me either. My whole extended family is with Optus and for the last year have experienced this problem. Something is wrong on your end and you refuse to acknowledge and fix it.
I just hope more people come forward and stop settling for this crappy service.
0 Kudos
George_YC

I am sorry we've left you feeling that way @Sandy1983. We can certainly look into this further for you to see if there is anything we can do. However, we're unable to look into account details on Yes Crowd. Please send us a PM on Facebook or DM on Twitter for further assistance.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

RawlingsW3
New Contributor
New Contributor

I've had a similar issue for a long time. Pretty much whenever I download on my Note 9 the speeds choke up and stall. Is there a problem with how optus SIMs work in Samsung devices? Of all the people I've talked to who have issues with Optus they all seem to have a Samsung. Could be coincidence.
0 Kudos
Enterest
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

As suggested, you should ensure you have both VoLTE and WiFi Calling enabled on your phone - this is very important to ensure optimal connectivity  (if you have a 5G device you dont need to worry about VoLTE setup). Also, your phone needs to be on an Optus post paid plan.

How to enable WiFi Calling.

Setting up WiFi Calling:

1. confirm the device is compatible with the Optus network, and on a post paid plan.

2. check you have updated the device to the latest software upgrade, and restart phone

3. once phone has been restarted, double check in Settings that WiFi Calling is still enabled in your phone. Select the WiFi network you want to connect to.

If you still can't connect to WiFi ...

- check the WiFi network is working using a laptop/computer.

Note: if you still cannot connect, then you can be sure you have a connectivity issue with your local WiFi network and that's what you should be investigating.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors