Searching...

Samsung Note 9 Inconsistent 4G Connection

[ Edited ]
Jall

I purchased a Samsung Note 9 50gb plan on the weekend. So far so good, great phone and almost amazing service. 

I'm in an area with full bars of 4g connection and when its working theres no issues at all. But now and then the 4g will cut off completely and the stream will turn off saying there is no connection, or i will try and load a page and it will take 2 minutes then time out.  

This happens a couple of times per day, and not sure if its the phone, or the 4g reception. Because when its cutting out, the 4g bars are still there, and it should be working fine. The cutoff duration is 2-5mins long, and then it will be back to normal. 

Previous phone was vodafone iphone 6s+ and never had the above issues. Went to optus for supposedly better reception Smiley Happy

Re: Samsung Note 9 Inconsistent 4G Connection

Ray_YC

It is cutting out in the same place(s) or different places at different times?

Best way to get to the root cause if it's the new phone or 4G reception is if you still have your old phone, put your SIM in there and see if the same issue occurs. If not, it sounds like it could be the phone. If that's the case, if you got it in store return there with your proof of purchase as it may need to be sent away to be assessed. If you bought it online, either chat to us or if you have a social media account, please send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details.

Let us know how you go.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Jall

Thanks for your reply.  I work in an office with 2 others. They have pixel 3xl and iPhone x, one with optus, one with Vodafone and they never get any connection issues. My old phone is dead so testing that one isn't possible. 

After having the phone for nearly 3 weeks now, the problem is still happening, yet maybe once every 2 days - full bars 4g, yet no internet connection for roughly 5 minutes.  It seems to be lagging out or something.

Highlighted

Jall

Thanks for your reply.  I work in an office with 2 others. They have pixel 3xl and iPhone x, one with optus, one with Vodafone and they never get any connection issues. My old phone is dead so testing that one isn't possible. 

After having the phone for nearly 3 weeks now, the problem is still happening, yet maybe once every 2 days - full bars 4g, yet no internet connection for roughly 5 minutes.  It seems to be lagging out or something.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
17 Kudos
16 Kudos
9 Kudos
9 Kudos
7 Kudos