cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

SOS only while in NZ

Hi

I’ve been in New Zealand 15 hrs and have SOS Only it No Network as my only signal. I can connect to WiFi but would like to send/receive texts. It’s a new iPhone 8. Any help here?

thx

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: SOS only while in NZ

@Lobsterj, I hope you're having a great trip!

Can you confirm that you'd activated international roaming before leaving for O/S?

If you've activated roaming and you're still seeing an SOS only signal. It might be worth trying a Network reset or manually selecting a NZ carrier to roam with. Try the following:

Settings → General → Reset → Network Reset.

or 

Settings → Service provider → Switch off automatic Network selection → Select an available NZ carrier. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: SOS only while in NZ

Be aware international roaming can be very expensive. If you have a myplanplus post paid then there's likely some included calls and data. Otherwise a travel pack for $5 or $10 might be worth getting (Find it in the OPtus App).

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos