Searching...
Highlighted

SOS only while in NZ

Lobsterj

Hi

I’ve been in New Zealand 15 hrs and have SOS Only it No Network as my only signal. I can connect to WiFi but would like to send/receive texts. It’s a new iPhone 8. Any help here?

thx

Re: SOS only while in NZ

Dan_C

@Lobsterj, I hope you're having a great trip!

Can you confirm that you'd activated international roaming before leaving for O/S?

If you've activated roaming and you're still seeing an SOS only signal. It might be worth trying a Network reset or manually selecting a NZ carrier to roam with. Try the following:

Settings → General → Reset → Network Reset.

or 

Settings → Service provider → Switch off automatic Network selection → Select an available NZ carrier. 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

***Please note I am not currently with the Yes Crowd team.***

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Re: SOS only while in NZ

petergdownload

Be aware international roaming can be very expensive. If you have a myplanplus post paid then there's likely some included calls and data. Otherwise a travel pack for $5 or $10 might be worth getting (Find it in the OPtus App).

Regards

Peter Gillespie

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
17 Kudos
16 Kudos
10 Kudos
9 Kudos
8 Kudos