Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
eprior
New Contributor
New Contributor

SIM card Locked While Overseas

Hi guys, a bit frustrated. Im overseas trying to use my Australian sim card. Grateful if you can unlock my sim card or tell me what the issue is!?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Ray_YC
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: SIM card Locked While Overseas

Hi eprior,

Not sure what you mean by your SIM card is locked? Is international roaming activated? Do you need a PUK code?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
eprior
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi Ray,

Grateful if you can contact me directly, yes international roaming is on and no Puk code. The sim card isnt registering at all.  It is as if the sim card isnt in the phone.

Grateful for your urgent response.

Thanks. 

0 Kudos
Ray_YC
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hi there, 

I'm afraid we don't have direct contact via our public forum.

Has it worked at all since you first landed overseas? Have you tried taking the SIM out and inserting it again? Are you able to go into settings to perform a manual network selection?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos