Searching...
Highlighted

Rollout schedule

moolpa

We live in a rural area of lower south west NSW called Willowvale between Hay & Balranald. Optus have scheduled Willowvale to receive 3G & 4G mobile coverage as it was advertised in the local paper in 2016. It's not a new tower build as they will be co-locating the equipment on an existing Vodafone tower.

Where can I go for more information on when this tower will come online?

thanks

moolpa

Re: Rollout schedule

Yeldarb

The coverage map might give you that information. If you look at the bottom right corner there is a tick box for planned service coverage.

https://www.optus.com.au/about/network/service-status

moolpa

Thanks for that, much appreciated, unfortunately nothing shows up when I try that.

Yeldarb

Well that could mean there is nothing planned however short of an Optus staff member picking up this post I can't think of anyone else to contact about this subject.

BeefJerky

Hey Moolpa!

I have some what is hopefully good news for you! I can see that on 28 June 2016 Optus initially proposed to add equipment to this site. They amended this in October adding a further 4G band. The latest report published was on 24 April 2017 which would suggest that it is likely to go ahead. The radio licenses for said equipment was created in January of this year for some of the technology, and more in April. I would deduce that it is just a waiting game as to when it is activated. If you live nearby, you could drive to the site and see if theres any new equipment huts on the ground. 

Seeing as Optus has zero equipment on the number of sites lining Sturt Hwy between Balranald and Hay with proposals on three sites along this stretch of road, I'd again say its just a waiting game at this point. A point of interest may also be that at the shared Telstra and Vodafone site pretty much exactly between Balranald and Hay, Optus is proposed here as well and is in the six month future coverage stage on Optus' coverage map. This when activated may improve service in the interim.

I have in the past messaged moderators on this forum who are able to contact their Networks team who can provide a more specific timeline. This might be a good thing to do Smiley Happy

Hope this helped!

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
18 Kudos
18 Kudos
10 Kudos
9 Kudos
7 Kudos