cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Returned mail

I have been reseiving this type of returned emails as not delivered, i have never sent emails to the addresses must be scams how can you stop them from happening.

This is the mail system at host mail110.syd.optusnet.com.au.

I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not be delivered to one or more recipients. It's attached below.

For further assistance, please send mail to postmaster.

If you do so, please include this problem report. You can delete your own text from the attached returned message.

The mail system

<ruthwarner@optonline.net>: host mx.optimum.net[167.206.4.79] said: 554 5.7.1

Spam detected by content scanner.  Message rejected.  (in reply to end of

DATA command)

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Returned mail

I would change your email password as your account may have been compromised.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

That is your only option? I have been receiving heaps of these spam emails for weeks - up to 30 + per day.  Come on Optus you have to be better than that.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

@blob, you could try one of the methods below:

What do if you've receievd a spam or phishing email:

You can report scams, phishing attempts or other hoaxes to the ACCC's Scamwatch website.  Alternatively, if someone is phishing for your Optus details via email or a malicious link, you can let us know by forwarding the email and its headers to abuse@optusnet.com.au

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos