Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
NaCly
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Request for Information from Centrelink

Hi, I have been asked to provide proof that work has been performed on my local Optus Cell Tower. From my discussions with Optus via phone and Live Chat, the tower at Morayfield had scheduled work from February 25 to 13 March. Then when my cell service didn't improve after 13 March, I inquired with Optus and was informed, by Optus, that the cell tower works were extended to 28th of March. Where I am located, transference to the next tower does not provide me with a signal, I am reliant on the tower that is being upgraded/maintained. I have been unable to phone Centrelink for help completing my request for financial assistance due to my phone cycling from 4G very temporarily to 3G (like nothing) and H+ (nothing) and then dropping out completely, and then repeating the cycle. I live with my very elderly parents, one of whom has serious respiratory problems, and therefore cannot risk going into the Centrelink office for fear of contracting COVID19 and effectively killing my father. Please contact me to arrange sending me an official statement indicating the maintenance schedule for the Morayfield 4506 Cell Tower Works started 25th February still ongoing to today 25 March and further indicate how much longer these works are anticipated to last. This is preventing me from successfully applying for financial assistance. Assuming that I have to log into my Optus Account to access Yes Crowd, and then have to log in again Yes Crowd to write this, that you have access to my details. If not please reply here, with contact details/information and I will follow. Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Ray_YC
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Request for Information from Centrelink

Hi NaCly,

Current information is available to the public on our service status page by entering Morayfield and clicking the Mobile Outages tickbox:

Morayfield.PNG

For an official statement, we can only suggest to click on the Lodge A Complaint link on the bottom left corner of any Optus webpage including this one. Submitting your request in writing (address at the very bottom) rather than online is probably the way to go for this one however it will take several days to receive a response though due to the current situation. If it's urgent, you'll need to call and request to speak with a Manager. Hope it's sorted out for you and your family soon.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos