Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
PeteMac
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Reporting an unplanned outage

I used to be able to report an outage with a few clicks of a mouse on optus.com.au or via the app. Has this functionality been removed?

I don't want to be waiting for replies on socials and filling in forms with account details.

It was easy to help Optus know there is an outage.

Anyone know?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Casey_YC

Re: Reporting an unplanned outage

Hi there, @PeteMac

Thanks for your question.

Our Network Status Page has an option to log faults after searching your area/address. This Yes Crowd thread - Optus mobile network outages – How to log your fault online - can show you how to do this. 

Filling in requested details allows the networks team to gather as much detail around the interruption as possible, to ensure the fault is resolved as efficiently as possible. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
PeteMac
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

This no longer appears on the app or in the website

“ If an outage hasn’t been reported, a prompt will be displayed giving you the option to report network feedback”

This is the issue.
0 Kudos
Nard_YC

Hi @PeteMac

This is still an available feature for Mobile & Wireless Internet on our Network Status Page. After entering your address and being notified of no issues in the area, you can click "Report an issue". Which prompts you provide your contact details and describe the issue being faced. 

For Fixed Broadband (NBN, Cable & ADSL), if a fault has not been listed on the page, you will need to get in touch with our Tech Support teams either via Messaging in the My Optus App or by calling them on 13 13 44 and they'll be able to investigate further as well as attach your contact details should a fault becomes known in your area.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
PeteMac
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

The page is not showing "report issue".

I had used the report issue earlier in the year. Just a button to follow known outages, which is not what I am looking for.

Could be a web page dev issue?

PeteMac_0-1631137777997.png

PeteMac_1-1631137853839.png

0 Kudos
Nard_YC

@PeteMac you won't be able to see the "Report an issue" button when there are ongoing planned works on a mobile tower in your area. Instead the button will be a "Click here to keep me posted" one. 

If you click that, you'll be registered for updates regarding the works and also once it's been completed. 

Once the works have been completed and you search your address again, the "Report an issue" button will be there again if no planned works, faults or outages are detected in your area. 

If you believe that your issue is not related to the planned works occurring in your area, you'll have to get in touch with our Tech Support teams provided above so they can investigate further. 

0 Kudos
PeteMac
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Vit of a design flaw there. If Optus schedule maintenance a week or two out and have it listed, we have to call in and go through all the security checks.

A bit painful.

But thank you for your response. Appreciated. 🙂

0 Kudos
Top Contributors