Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Eesutant
New Contributor
New Contributor

Repeated nbn dropout in the last two days in Chifley, NSW

I have experienced repeated short dropout in my home in the last 2-3 days? What happens and when will this be fixed?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Serena_YC

Re: Repeated nbn dropout in the last two days in Chifley, NSW

Hi @Eesutant

If you have been experiencing dropouts on your NBN service, I would recommend checking our Network Status page for any faults or outages that may be impacting your service. In the event that there is a fault listed, you can register on our Network Status page as well to be notified when the outage is resolved.

If there are no faults or outages listed, I would suggest running through some basic tests and troubleshooting steps listed on our Internet Speed and Drop-out Troubleshooting support page to confirm if this would resolve the issue. 

Should the issue persists or if you need support with the troubleshooting , please contact our Technical Support team via the My Optus app for further assistance. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

Eesutant
New Contributor
New Contributor

I checked the mobile status, it said:

We're currently working on a mobile tower in this area

then I checked NbN, it says no problem in the area.

iIs the outage caused by the mobile tower? If so, when will it be fixed.

If not, then why I have these short dropout.

I have switched off the modem  and the router and restarted, but there is still no NBN, but after a while it came back. The outage is short, but annoying as it stops all internet work.

0 Kudos
Serena_YC

Just to clarify, works on a mobile tower would not impact your NBN service, @Eesutant

If you have done the troubleshooting steps but the issue persists, I would suggest reaching out to our Technical Support team directly via the My Optus app for further assistance as we are unable to look into account details on Yes Crowd. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

Top Contributors