Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
thornlands40
New Contributor
New Contributor

Reception in Brisbane

Over the past month in Brisbane my Optus mobile continually drops out, doesnt ring, and appears to have delayed responses. I know it is not the actual phone as this didn't happen when I was on Telstra. Is the service for Optus mobile really that bad or is there upgrades going on that is effecting the network.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
thornlands40
New Contributor
New Contributor

Network 3G or 4 G

Is the coverage with Optus mobile in Brisbane mainly just 3 G as this is all I seem to get.

0 Kudos
Ray_YC
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Reception in Brsibane

Hi there thornlands40,

A year ago our Dan_C advised on this thread that were plans to improve 4G in Brisbane in the next 6 months. This looks to be completed and we really have had minimal complaints on here since.

There are currently no reported outages (which customers can check online at anytime) in the general and wider Brisbane area.

Do you have family members/friends/colleagues, etc. also on the same network that experience the same issue as you?

How old is the phone? How long have you had the SIM?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos