cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
New Contributor Michael1987
New Contributor

Re: Reception Blackout - Belgrave/Lilydale Line

Optus! When are we going to see some changes!!?? 

What is being done to fix this issue!

This is beyond rediculous!

New Contributor bramsay
New Contributor

I support this thread. It is very frustrating to loose reception for large parts of my commute.

0 Kudos
New Contributor eilyk
New Contributor

Still no better, in fact, it's now worse!!

The loop (I travel through Parliament & Melbourne Central) has dropped off significantly and I now get poor reception all the way between Glenferrie and Box Hill. 

0 Kudos
New Contributor Stusta
New Contributor

I've just rejoined Optus having been with Telstra for 6 years, and I'm sorry to say the reception on the Belgrave/Lilydale train line between Camberwell and Richmond is as bad as it used to be in 2013. Please address the reception issue for this part of the train line.

0 Kudos
New Contributor soorya25
New Contributor

Well.. just realised there is a thread for this issue... I've been with Optus for awhile now but this signal issue in the eastern train lines finally got me looking at other carriers, when i found this thread.. here is how bad it is @Optus... passing through Canturbery, Camberwell, Hawthorn, East Richmond.. you can pick out all the Optus customers in the train... coz everyone looks up/puts their phone away.. as it goes unresponsive to any network activity.. its almost funny... Please address this... i will wait until the next billing cycle... and then you've lost a customer.. cheers

Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

This is not something that we can assist with here on the forum.
Please chat with us with a log of your dropouts. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor Awoo
New Contributor

If I wasn't on a plan, I would have left ages ago!

It has improved a little bit, but still very poor around Camberwell.

0 Kudos
New Contributor CutsyCuts
New Contributor

This is ridiculous, ive been following this thread since October last year and nothing has changed, as others have already stated; the reception feels as if it has gotten worse.... next chance I get I will be changing services.

0 Kudos
New Contributor eilyk
New Contributor

Agreed!! Telstra it is for my next plan.

I'm having a baby in January and kinda need reception for emergencies. 

0 Kudos
New Contributor Wwll
New Contributor

It's now Aug 19 and the issue is still there. I have escalated with Optus and ask them to honor the network coverage guarantee to be able to pull out of the plan and return the phone if we're not satisfied with the network.

Top Contributors