Searching...
Highlighted

Reactivate sim card

lightbulb55

Hello, I really need my sim/ phone number reactivated but I haven't used it in about 8months. It is really important, how can I do this? Thanks!

Re: Reactivate sim card

caaf

You might be out of luck, generally you have six. On this from your last expiry to recharge after that the number is retired and put on hold for a further six months, its then reissued.. I will still flag a mod to come chat as it may be able to be retrieved.

Cheers Dave

Note..This is an open and public support forum please refrain from posting private/personal information. Smiley Wink
I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy

lightbulb55

Ah ok, but is the number on hold? So I will be able to retrieve it to a new SIM card? Thanks

caaf

Hopefully yes. The current sim you have I suspect now is dead and eould require a new sim to complete the process. You may have a wait being Easter and all for any positive progress.

Cheers Dave

Note..This is an open and public support forum please refrain from posting private/personal information. Smiley Wink
I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy

lightbulb55

Ok thanks for the help, but how do I actually go about setting this up? Can I do it online somehow or would it have to be instore?

caaf

You wait for a Optus rep to talk a look to see if it's actually recoverable as the number may of been with another Telco so it's returned and is quarantined. 

Cheers Dave

Gen_R

Morning lightbulb55 - generally speaking, if it's been more than 6 months since your last recharge the number will have been disconnected. If this is the case, we definitely won't be able to reactivate the SIM you have. We may be able to reactivate the number, I'm happy to check for you but will need you to send me a private message with your full name, DOB and the mobile number in question. 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
24 Kudos
19 Kudos
14 Kudos
11 Kudos
9 Kudos