Searching...

Re: RCS

[ Edited ]
PickleRickC137

Oh well.. My other phone is only on Prepaid so I'll try Telstra RCS out.. as for my other phone.. well.. contract Smiley Indifferent

Dan_C

I understand that @jiminhno. I can only relay the message.

That's the information I received.

I'm of the impression that we're devoting resources to this new system (which in-turn will allow us to support new network features).

As soon as I have more info, I'll update you guys.

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

***Please note I am not currently with the Yes Crowd team.***

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

T_Stinson1

Still nothing? This is depressing Smiley Sad

jiminhno

No excuse for the delay in RCS, especially as optus now has the pixel 3/xl selling on contract, and other network providers (Telstra)I haveeady enable RCS 

PickleRickC137

The sad state of RCS is indicative of how the other Australian carriers view implementing the protocol. Optus, when asked said they are looking at RCS but have no plans for rolling it out, stating:
"At this stage there are no plans to roll out RCS for our customers, the product is still undergoing internal evaluation."

Source: AusDroid

T_Stinson1

I want to personally get the Pixel 3 but Optus' "Internal Evaluation" is making me think twice tbh.

jiminhno

Then Optus shouldht have the Google pixel 3/XL, on their network and for sale through Optus, may change to Telstra, we get the same reply back from Optus on this page.

jiminhno

Get it on Telstra, they are fully supporting pixel 3/xl 

PickleRickC137

Like what @jiminhno said, if you want RCS, Telstra is the one to go with. 

This was posted Feb 2017 

This was posted on July 2017 in which there's a section where it says:

When approached earlier this year regarding implementing RCS in Australia, an Optus spokesperson said:

"Optus is investigating the development of Rich Communication Services. We’re considering the accessibility of this functionality     in current handsets and how smartphone manufacturers are responding to this technology." 

jiminhno

We need a 100% answer from optus, on when RCS will be available, so if anyone from Optus reads this pass the message on the appropriate representative from Optus to give us an answer that's a real answer.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
25 Kudos
23 Kudos
18 Kudos
15 Kudos
13 Kudos