cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: RCS

I'll have to check my partner's pixel 3a when I get home from work then, she's on the latest build of android also, but with Optus though, lol amaysim uses Optus network so it shouldn't matter, I'm currently using a Surface Duo, that uses Google's messages and phone application out of the box, so I'm hoping, this RCS rollout is the REAL DEAL, from Google.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Few people over whirlpool thread have given some tips. Like put your phone on flight mode, clear data and force stop both carrier services and messages, reboot the phone and then jump in messages, you should see pop up. For me I didn't have to do any tricks I just jumped in the app and pop up showed. Also neither me nor my wife running beta version. Cheers
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Didn't work for my device, I'll try my partner's pixel later, you would think Google would release RCS intially for the beta users of the messages application 😏
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

I can confirm 100% that my partners pixel 3a has RCS messaging connected, on Optus I didn't do anything, just checked the chat messaging application settings and it was saying connected in green, maybe Pixel devices first then the rest, just to repeat I didn't do any hack or reset or anything, we have our Google messaging application on the betas, hers is working now just hoping that my Surface Duo will receive the same update soon, it's all internal Google's rollout 100%, as the stooges on here for customer service have no idea.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

I'm asking on twitter, Optus for information,not holding my breath 🤣
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Today my Pixel 3XL has chat features enabled. Not through Optus as that will never happen.

https://www.androidpolice.com/2020/10/20/google-messages-begins-rolling-out-rcs-support-in-italy/

October is showing Australia now as the rollout has been updated. Everyone will get it in very soon!

FINALLY

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Also got it on my Nokia 5.3 android one device running Android 10. It's on Amaysim if that matters
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

There are news reports now on US technology publications, reporting that Google is implementing RCS in Australia, Indonesia and Japan during October.

So it's true. But I'm guessing it requires an Android phone with the Google Messages app on board.
0 Kudos