cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: RCS

Okay, I did receive a response back from the team. They've promised to delv a little deeper and provide us with a bit more info. 

I'll update you guys then. 

--------------------------------------------------------------
We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor PixelUser
New Contributor

thanks Dan! looking forward to hearing back from you soon. 

0 Kudos
Contributor jiminhno
Contributor

anymore updates on this?, keep us follks in the know please, im generally happy with optus network, however the support has to be given to customers faster, with this RCS standard is important for android phones.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hey guys, I did receive a response a response from Networks. 
At this stage apart from VoLTE & WIFI Calling which we have released, there is no further information on what Optus will be doing regarding full support of RCS. 

There's quite a bit happening on our end.  Our number one focus to ensure our new billing/service platform is up to scratch (so extra service/features such as RCS can be adequality serviced on our Network).  

I imagine that there'd need to be some industry talks and discussion about what the standard will be for these types of services i.e. getting the phone suppliers and service suppliers all on the same page.

They’ve promised to keep us updated. If there any changes, I’ll update you guys here. 

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor PickleRickC137
Occasional Contributor

Hey are there any updates in regards to RCS support? 

Contributor jiminhno
Contributor

will optus match telstra and release rcs for pixel smarphones, i read that only telstra is 100% delivering it to its customers 

https://ausdroid.net/2018/07/12/telstra-activating-rich-communication-services-rcs-pixel-2-pixel-2-x...

keep up optus and support your customers especially now that the pixel 3/xl is being sold on your network.

0 Kudos
Contributor jiminhno
Contributor

I hope we get a time frame also, optus has no excuse now that the pixel 3/xl is being sold through optus, they say they are a major player in  mobile network industry, then match telstra, with the RCS support.

0 Kudos
Contributor jiminhno
Contributor

that reply was 6 months ago, do you have any futher information?

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

I haven't received an update.

They did advise that we were waiting on the completion of our system migration to our new billing/service platform, before considering full support of RCS. 

We're in the final stages of the migration, but it's not complete.

Happy to keep you guys in the loop. 

Contributor jiminhno
Contributor

That's not a acceptable answer, in my opinion, it's been 6 months and still stating the billing and customer service migration, is a separate issue to RCS.

Top Contributors