cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: When will RCS and video calling be rolled out?

Yep, RCS works on Boost. Depends on your usage. I have 80gb per month per mobile for $36 each on Optus, pooled. I don't use it though, for me 20g a month is more than enough, which is $25 per month on the 365 expiry plan (240gb total), unlimited calls text and int. If you happen to use 80gb per month on the other hand, well... That might make it harder to justify.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

If you're ok with 10-20 Gb a month then the savings are considerable. Above that then other post paid options might be more suited.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi there, I did have a really strange chat with Optus support. Found out that they have no clue on what RCS means, and in that case, we cannot hope that we will have access to RCS messaging in the near future, which is a "bit" disappointing. Especially when the service is working fine with my Telstra sim...
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

I'll give you some advice mate 😉 as I've given up on pushing the RCS game with Optus, through this forum,Optus doesn't give a damn about RCS, Optus customers, will have to wait for Google to roll out RCS for its messages application, forget about Optus, I I'm still waiting for Google to push out RCS support for all, irrespective of network provider, like they have done in other counties, hopefully we will be soon getting RCS messaging aftive, there are not many major countries left that don't have RCS messaging support from Google,so just hold in there mate 👍
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Google did push it out for a while I believe. They no doubt took it back for a reason (Perhaps Optus makes more money not providing RCS than it does letting its customers have it). If you want a cheap Telstra mobile plan (that does RCS) then grab a Boost prepaid SIM.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

There was a hack that enabled RCS messaging when you downloaded a app from the play store, that was forced to be edited by request from Google or was Modified to stop the Google messaging app to send and receive RCS messaging, I had the hack active and it was working, prior to the update to the app.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

RCS is next generation sms pretty much iMessage or android minus apples lock in ecosystem.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Hopefully Optus lol 🤣 will read it and understand why we want it asap!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

0 Kudos