Searching...

Re: RCS

jiminhno

@Dan_C  any update on the this for your customers, RCS! my plans will be expired soon and I have three with Optus, I'll be moving to Telstra if nothing is done.

petergdownload

Google have reportedly added RCS to their messaging. Perhaps we don't need Optus to join in?

Peter Gillespie

jiminhno

I thought it was network providers that had to enable this on there end? Before we can srast using it

petergdownload

Think you're right. Maybe it will be a 5G feature?

Peter Gillespie

jiminhno

Wouldn't hold ya breath hahaha, I know Optus has just released to some lucky Canberra customers 5g with a guarantee of at least 50mb, I think news.com.au had a article today about it.

petergdownload

Isn't 50 Mbps slower than 4G? Still at least its good they're putting an actual base performance figure up front.

Peter Gillespie

jiminhno

It is it's a base though, I thought base would be at least 100 mb to be honest, with that said I have Optus fttn at home on a 50mb speed plan and most days nights I'm getting close to that 46-48 average.

Smacca

Another month flys by without an update. Give us some information or I'll use it as a reason to exit my contract. I signed up with the expectation of using a feature that was announced on a global stage. 

It is not provided as part of my service currently for some reason unbeknownst to us.

Update please?

jiminhno

This isn't related to RCS but the latest security patch update ( feb) seems to have included a wifi calling Option within setting's for my Pixel 3 XL,

jiminhno

Within settings

Network & 

Internet

Mobile network

Advanced

Should see a wifi calling Option now 

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
17 Kudos
16 Kudos