cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: RCS

Just received RCS on my Pixel 4xl that's with Optus, I checked several times throughout the morning and have now just been able to activate chat features.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Ah, at last. My Google Pixel phone just got RCS ability a minute ago.

Excellent. Thanks to Google.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Can confirm that my Surface Duo has the update to RCS messaging also I just checked the messages application now 👌
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

What's funny though is the friends and family that I know have RCS set up on their smartphones, I cannot currently send chat messages to them, they are with Telstra, now the people that use Optus I know I can send chat messages lol 😆, I guess better than nothing lol 😂
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Telstra will be turning off their version of RCS gradually by 30 November for remaining users. They'll move to Google RCS and you'll be able to chat with them then. It is already happening to a number of people.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Fair enough
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I found out if you're on a Pixel and don't have the option, make sure you have Carrier Services installed.

Once installed on my wife's Pixel 2XL the option to enable chat features appeared instantly

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.ims&hl=en_AU&gl=US
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

I've been able to chat messages with people on Telstra also 👍, they have to clear the cache and storage in messages, then reapply the chat messages in settings to enable it again,
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

can confirm that as of about 3:30pm, maybe 4pm AEDT yesterday afternoon, my OPPO AX7 (Android 8.1) and my younger brother's OPPO AX5s were able to communicate over RCS.
0 Kudos