cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: RCS

Please upgrade to RCS Optus!

Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Upgrade RCS OPTUS!!

Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Ditto i thought it would of had RCS by now !..waiting too! 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Hi people looks like Google is going to deploy RCS without waiting for carrier support, which anyone using a Optus sim will be extremely happy about, lets hope Australia is one of the lucky ones that get it quick, the Verge has a article about it today, i encourage anyone interested in RCS to check out the link.

https://www.theverge.com/2019/6/17/18681573/google-rcs-chat-android-texting-carriers-imessage-encryp...

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Anyone still interested search the net it's possible to do it 

https://www.androidpolice.com/2019/10/26/screw-your-carrier-heres-how-to-enable-rcs-in-the-messages-...

It works 👍

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Just enabled RCS but haven't been able to test it as of yet

@jiminhno 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

So that might answer my question. I assume RCS only works if both phones have this hack enabled? In which case unfortunately a bit pointless for me still. Hopefully this egg on the Telco's face will get an executive to sign off on its official release sooner now...
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Yes that is true mate 👍 I've tried sending a few messages to a few friends and family members who use the Telstra network, and it works pretty much like iMessage, you see when someone is typing a reply, can send much better quality photos through, and just plain better experience, Google just needs to release this regardless of network providers, if as easy as this to enable it, when why not...
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

It's much better messaging experience, for sure and something Google is shooting them selves in the foot by not releasing it themselves, let's hope this is sorted out for the average Joe, because no one should have to install this work around for a feature that is needed so much in the Android messaging space.