cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: When will RCS and video calling be rolled out?

Optus straight up neglecting their self set responsibilities as always
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

it's both pathetic and nuts that nothing has been done for what, nearly 2 years since this thread started now?! come on Optus, you're better than this. I would hope so at the very damn least.
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I'm actually switching back to Telstra simply because optus failed to support RCS or even communicate with us regarding it. Truly terrible service.

Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

If you want the Telstra network and RCS but at a lower cost then check out Boost Mobile 6-12 months plans. Might be a fit. Might not.
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: RCS

Has there been any updates on RCS support? Its been over 2yrs!

I tried the workaround but its being blocked by my carrier, apparently.....
0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

No...it's all very quiet from Optus, they have stated in this forum that they have no ETA for any form of RCS
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Was that using a app? That app has the setting disabled by Google..
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

I'm in two minds whether to go with Boost mobile or Aldi mobile, both use the Telstra network, so i take it Rcs messaging should work, with Aldi?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I just found this thread - two years after it began.

As an Optus customer, with multiple devices on the Optus network - I'd been Googling for information about whether there has been any progress with Optus implementing the RCS chat feature.

Alas, I'm saddened to see there is no progress after two years.

This adds to my other Optus network gripe - that inter-network connectivity fails on certain phone numbers because Optus does not update its number porting database list. Come on Optus, you are failing in multiple areas. Please get your act together.
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Jumping in here to try and follow what's going on. 

I was under the impression it would be up and running by last year. Apparently not. Most laughable situation though is that no one at Optus seem to know what it is. Obviously very technology forward.

Top Contributors