cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: When will RCS and video calling be rolled out?

5 with Optus including nbn, only the nbn is on contract.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

4 sim only plans that were 12 month plans but have finished I'm still on them as the data and inclusions are good
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

But no RCS :o( Well if you're using more than (80Gb in total) and/or paying less than $100 (in total) its no doubt a trade off worth making.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

True Peter.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks for the update @Ray_YC, I came to check on the status as I'll be moving back to Telstra in May when my contract runs out, If you think it will make a difference, feel free to give feedback to the team that my decision is based solely on the lack of RCS support. Years of waiting with nothing still planned leaves me with no option as I'm one of the few that would choose carrier purely on this feature.

Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

You've been patient. Depending on your data needs also check out boost mobile. The exact same Telstra network with TVs but possibly a lot cheaper
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

@petergdownload Yep, that's exactly what I was planning 🙂 The 365 expiry offer has everything my partner and I need. If Optus hadn't dropped the ball so poorly on RCS, it really was a no-brainer to stay.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all,

Some of you may remember me from a post dating back in excess of 2 years about this very issue.

I've still been intermittently following this and other posts and cannot believe that this is still an issue.

My recommendation to those who are still with Optus is clear - change providers. Optus have been misleading customers and failing to deliver on their promises on numerous issues, all of which directly affect you. Remember also that Optus pledged support and co-operation to deploy RCS to the GSMA, an international standards and governing body for mobile networks and communication and have failed dismally in upholding that promise. For those of you wanting a justifiable early exit on contracts with no early termination fees, I suggest you use this info in your approach.

I've long since left the clowns at Optus and ported to Boost which uses the Telstra network and can personally vouch for it being the best move I ever made.

Good luck
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

So how's boosts data inclusions? I have 3 smartphones on month to month Optus plans in my name myself my partner and her father all with Optus so are you saying that RCS is working with boost mobile because they use Telstra's network? Mmmmm that's exciting maybe it's time!!!
0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

That's exactly what I'm saying - RCS is working on Boost and has been since at least October last year.

Additionally, again I can personally vouch for both the quality of the network (data speeds, coverage and reliability) all being substantially better with Boost and prices actually being cheaper than the plan I had with Optus.

Check out their website
Top Contributors