Searching...
Highlighted

Re: RCS

Vicomte777

VoLTE includes Go with I think.  My s7 is supposed to support it but my "carrier" doesn't 

jiminhno

Udpate on this please optus @Dan_C 

Don't leave us all in the dark about RCS on premium Pixel smartphones...

Jollyboy95

Why hasn't this been integrated yet it shouldn't be so hard to do even a cheap prepaid network service (aka b O ost) has it so why not a major one like Optus hurry up Optus and catch up to the rest cause you are getting left in the dark ages take a note out from t el Stra there plans are to expensive but they have it you have a better service overall due to price and understanding but please do what we ask and add a service like this SMS is going extinct time to upgrade 

https://jibe.google.com .    A website to explain it 

PickleRickC137

Yeah, Optus has been very slow on implementing this. I wanted to upgrade phones to a GS10+ but you know what, I'd just get it from Telstra, if I pay out the rest of my Optus contract, it'd total up to 1K. I'll just sell my current phone and use the money to pay the rest and exit. 

March 29th I'll be out. 

sib0rg

I've been thinking the same thing when my contract runs out in 6 months...... And I assume rcs still won't be available from optus by then.😜

Not sure why the is so hard to implement from a multi-million dollar company

Vicomte777

Multi billion

E.g. may 2018 media release 

For the full year, Optus operating revenue rose 3.4% to A$8,710 million

[ Edited ]
T_Stinson1

Yeah even Im confused why. Even Samsung who's notoriously slow at pushing out Android updated managed to push out Android 9 fast 😂

Anyways, my mum needed an upgrade from her old phone so she took over my remaining contract with optus and I went to Telstra and got a GS10+ and been playing around with RCS.

See ya Optus

Ray_YC

Sorry all, have had confirmation that:

There is no plan for RCS in Networks for the next year.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

PickleRickC137

Well, at least now there's confirmation. 

I mean, I left Optus last month to get the GS10+. Not only do I have RCS but a faster 4G speed to go along with sending the 4K pics I take with the GS10.

[ Edited ]
petergdownload

Thanks for letting us know @Ray_YC . Its impossible to know from this side of the fence, but I get the impression that behind the scenes Optus are in some level of technical disarray? They seem to have focused on get products and great prices to the expense of other (IMO important areas). Hopefully the systems and processes needed (expected) are coming online

Peter Gillespie

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
26 Kudos
19 Kudos
11 Kudos
10 Kudos
8 Kudos