Searching...
Highlighted

Re: RCS

TheRealJoel

I can't and won't speak for anyone else @Dan_C but my feeling on this subject now is don't bother wasting your time. 

I understand your position and that you're trying to help but let's be honest, it was 2016 (if I'm not mistaken) that Optus pledged support for RCS. And nearly 3 years down the line, not only do we still not have access to a technology that most of the western world has had for months (in most cases, years), we have a telco that clearly has no technical direction, deployment strategy or even the ethical and moral standards to deliver on its promises. 

And let's not forget, customer service that is so dismal that I question whether Optus actually know the meaning of the term 

Comparatively, we pay a hefty premium in Australia for substandard mobile plans with substantially lower than average data allowances and poor network coverage and reliability. I guess if nothing else Optus is at least consistent; we can now add a complete lack of customer service to the list of standard offerings on all Optus plans. 

Great work Optus, awesome way to show your appreciation for your many loyal customers! 

I have less than a month to wait before porting my number away from Optus and advise that everyone else do the same. 

jiminhno

Any update on this?....

jiminhno

@Dan_C  any update on the this for your customers, RCS! my plans will be expired soon and I have three with Optus, I'll be moving to Telstra if nothing is done.

petergdownload

Google have reportedly added RCS to their messaging. Perhaps we don't need Optus to join in?

Peter Gillespie

jiminhno

I thought it was network providers that had to enable this on there end? Before we can srast using it

petergdownload

Think you're right. Maybe it will be a 5G feature?

Peter Gillespie

jiminhno

Wouldn't hold ya breath hahaha, I know Optus has just released to some lucky Canberra customers 5g with a guarantee of at least 50mb, I think news.com.au had a article today about it.

petergdownload

Isn't 50 Mbps slower than 4G? Still at least its good they're putting an actual base performance figure up front.

Peter Gillespie

jiminhno

It is it's a base though, I thought base would be at least 100 mb to be honest, with that said I have Optus fttn at home on a 50mb speed plan and most days nights I'm getting close to that 46-48 average.

Smacca

Another month flys by without an update. Give us some information or I'll use it as a reason to exit my contract. I signed up with the expectation of using a feature that was announced on a global stage. 

It is not provided as part of my service currently for some reason unbeknownst to us.

Update please?

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
26 Kudos
24 Kudos
20 Kudos
16 Kudos
13 Kudos