Searching...
Highlighted

Re: RCS

Achandab

Hi Dan

Still no update on this i presume? I have family members who for some reason wont switch from Optus due to internet package still waiting for RCS. Can you please provide any useful updates? 

jiminhno

We current Optus customers will be lucky if they implement RCS on Optus network around a year's time  the end of 2019, I know if it's not implemented by the time my plans expire end of April, 2019 I'll be off to Telstra, and I'm sure I'm not the only one that feels this way.

[ Edited ]
jiminhno

@Dan_C

any update on this? or will we Optus customers be waiting in vain, for another 6 months, the original question asked about RCS was half a year ago with no definite answer or even a real answer given by yourself, or anyone else who represents Optus, on a another note why is VOLTE not a option on pixel 3/xl when the device is fully capable to use this, no Wifi Calling come on Optus fully support the Smartphones you sell.

[ Edited ]
petergdownload

My theory is that Optus have moved on from developing their 4G platform. These features (in my theory) will be part and parcel of the 5G network rollout. That would mean probably another six months off though.

Peter Gillespie

PS Put @Dan_C in your post to ensure someone gets notified that you mentioned them.

[ Edited ]
jiminhno

@Dan_C

Then if thats the case im long gone, as soon as my plans have expired, ill be jumping ship to Telstra, and im sure im not the only one, ill give Optus a thumb up for the data they include and price for their plans, but the overall support and lack of knowledge they show customers in terms of the actual devices the sell and advertise is quite terrible, for a example a friend of mine purchased a pixel 3 xl and was told Volte, and wifi calling is possible with the pixel 3 xl, however its currently not on the Optus network....

just likje RCS. 

[ Edited ]
jiminhno

@Dan_C

Maybe i im in the minority, and the general public doesnt care about these features but i do lol, if you sell a product you expect it to work 100% in regards to its software capabilities and smartphone features, etc like its, Volte, Wifi Calling, RCS, features which are ready to go out of the box with the Pixel 3/ XL, but are eld back by Optus......these are all enabled to use right now on Telstra.

Optus this needs to be escalated, from Optus Chat representatives, to someone in the actual know, who can communicate WHEN THIS WILL ARRIVE FOR OPTUS CUSTOMERS!

thanks 

J.Cychowski

TheRealJoel

@Dan_C can you explain why my last post was removed from this thread?

It contained no offensive language, nothing inappropriate and has now been removed twice.

Perhaps it was removed on the grounds of being too effective? 

jiminhno

What did you say lol 😊

TheRealJoel

Good question @jiminhno and it is certainly intentional because I just tried posting the same reply again and for a third time, it posted successfully and then was almost immediately removed. 

Optus, wtf? Perhaps you'd prefer we take this thread to another forum? In case you hadn't picked up on this already, I consider myself to be pretty effective when it comes to communication and have a good track record believe me. 

Continue censoring my posts without justification and I promise you that I'll create a PR nightmare over this so big it will even make Telstra look good. 

petergdownload

@jiminhno

I get the sensitivity but FWIW Optus very rarely censor posts. I'm sure I've made a few they'd have rather not published. Its possible there is a word in your post that is tripping things up automatically (generally the few posts that get ammended by Optus staff happen hours after they appear)? For example I've found "crimina1" is bizarrely on the list of verboten words. 

Peter Gillespie

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
26 Kudos
24 Kudos
20 Kudos
16 Kudos
13 Kudos