cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Occasional Contributor TheRealJoel
Occasional Contributor

Re: RCS

@Dan_C and @Toomey,

What most seem to have overlooked here is that Optus publicly and formally committed to implement RCS over 2 years ago!!! 

The fact that this information isn't available / known off-hand doesn't fill me with confidence. And if true, then what you're saying is that Optus has made a commitment to the GSMA, a global organisation, to deploy a network protocol without any plan or even so much as a target date?

This is the biggest upgrade to mobile messaging since the inception of SMS 20+ years ago. There's been enormous adoption of RCS globally and a substantial amount of talk and interest in the protocol not only in the tech world but also in mainstream media.

Lift your game Optus.

Contributor jiminhno
Contributor

Well said mate, as Optus customers we need a definite timeline, especially as other network providers etc TELSTRA have already released RCS for devices, and they are using RCS on their Pixel smartphones, right now, Optus listen to your customers before you lose them.

Occasional Contributor Achandab
Occasional Contributor

@Dan_C

"No problem! I've sent it through along with a recent annoucment from another AUS carrier that's rolled out RCS. "

Hi Dan, what did you mean by this? What carrier made a recent announcement about rolling out RCS? Telstra released it almost a year ago and Voda are still yet to release it as far as i'm aware. Is there another carrier i am not aware of? 

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor Nick_Garfitt
Occasional Contributor

Fully agree, RCS is the straw that broke the camel's back for me, I've been patient with Optus long enough, heck I had to wait three months for them to combine two of my plans together to share data, NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

RCS NOW.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hey guys, I'm still waiting on the update.

This thread has been highlighted in our weekly report and will be fed back to the relevant area of our business.

I will update as information comes through. 

--------------------------------------------------------------
We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Contributor jiminhno
Contributor

That is a bloody good deal, I'm on Optus 12 month sim only plan 100 gig for 60$, partner is on 30 gig $36 one, so we have 130 gig a month, they had a double data deal a while back, we have never used more then 50 gig together on the shared data for our mobiles in a month, 4 months to go then I'll be looking for Telstra....

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor Achandab
Occasional Contributor

Hi Dan

Still no update on this i presume? I have family members who for some reason wont switch from Optus due to internet package still waiting for RCS. Can you please provide any useful updates? 

0 Kudos
Contributor jiminhno
Contributor

We current Optus customers will be lucky if they implement RCS on Optus network around a year's time  the end of 2019, I know if it's not implemented by the time my plans expire end of April, 2019 I'll be off to Telstra, and I'm sure I'm not the only one that feels this way.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Contributor jiminhno
Contributor

@Dan_C

any update on this? or will we Optus customers be waiting in vain, for another 6 months, the original question asked about RCS was half a year ago with no definite answer or even a real answer given by yourself, or anyone else who represents Optus, on a another note why is VOLTE not a option on pixel 3/xl when the device is fully capable to use this, no Wifi Calling come on Optus fully support the Smartphones you sell.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

My theory is that Optus have moved on from developing their 4G platform. These features (in my theory) will be part and parcel of the 5G network rollout. That would mean probably another six months off though.

Peter Gillespie

PS Put @Dan_C in your post to ensure someone gets notified that you mentioned them.

Top Contributors