Searching...

Re: RCS

Dan_C

Hey guys, I'm afraid there's no update on this one.

I was assured that I'd receive an update as soon as there's been some movement. It's been a couple of months since I'd enquired with product & network.

I'm more than happy to reach out and see if there's been any progress. 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted

PickleRickC137

@Dan_C yes, that'd be much appreciated. Thank you. 

Dan_C

No problem! I've sent it through along with a recent annoucment from another AUS carrier that's rolled out RCS. 

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

jiminhno

That's not the answer we want, if you can not answer the question pass it on someone else at Optus who can give a definite answer on RCS this is getting ridiculous now you selling products but not supporting them 100% it's no wonder why Optus customers what I live for Telstra now.

jiminhno

That's not the answer we want, if you can not answer the question pass it on someone else at Optus who can give a definite answer on RCS this is getting ridiculous now you selling products but not supporting them 100% it's no wonder why Optus customers what I live for Telstra now.

[ Edited ]
Nick_Garfitt

I don't understand your message @jiminhno, Dan is trying to get an update and you're just cr@#ing all over him.

Thank you @Dan_C

jiminhno

This has been a question that has been asked months ago, by many on this forum with no real answer, just beating around the bush by Optus, we as Optus customers need to know from someone in the know at Optus, when we will if ever get a network service, RCS that is other providers have enabled, yes give us a clear answer...

Yes or No so we can leave if it's not going to happen.

[ Edited ]
Dan_C

@Jiminho, I'm really doing the best I can.

I can't be absolutely across every product and feature we offer or plan on offering (as much as I try). I need to source this kind of information. 

These sorts of things are usually kept under wraps until we've been given permission to go out with something official.

I did receive a response back today and they've promised to get back to me with more info. 

PickleRickC137

Thanks @Dan_C, keep us informed of any new updates

petergdownload

I'd agree with @jiminhno that this and other threads indicate a strong interest in this feature. While I understand Optus often wanting to keep plans for upcoming innovations close to the chest, it seems to becoming counter productive in this instance. 

It also one things to plan for big announcements and upgrades but Optus has form for keeping its customers and even its own customer service teams in the dark about many (operational) things. IMO it comes down to trust and the Optus business model seems to depend a lot on customers just believing it will work out ok or be sorted out in the long run. 

Peter Gillespie

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
17 Kudos
16 Kudos
9 Kudos
9 Kudos
7 Kudos