Searching...

Re: When will Optus have RCS (Rich Communication Services) support?

[ Edited ]
Yeldarb

Post removed as it makes no sense when merged with this thread!

Nick_Garfitt

Any updates from anyone at Optus?

Re: RCS

Achandab

Not sure why you guys are holding your breath. Switched over a few months ago to Telstra along with my family for RCS and just overall better network speeds and havent looked back. Coming from iphone and making the switch to a Pixel, RCS definetely has helped the imessage void. I've managed to get rid of whatsapp now that it can do pretty much everything i could do there. Hoping Optus and Voda do jump on board soon though so friends and family not with Telstra can utilize this awesome feature. 

jiminhno

Don't think Optus cares about its customers who have bought pixel phones, to be honest I know once my plan expires I'll be off to Telstra.

PickleRickC137

I mean.. I've got a Prepaid service with Telstra for my old phone and another phone plan with Optus.. Got nothing else to do but hope Optus does support RCS.. Otherwise people who wants RCS might just go with Telstra instead of Optus..

jiminhno

I have two plans on Optus mine and my partner's, also my father in law, we all will be leaving Optus soon, unless Optus customers get the same support for RCS as Telstra customers are receiving who use pixel smartphones.

PickleRickC137

Well.. my contract with them doesn't end until 2020.. I might just pay off the rest if they still don't have the support for RCS before my contract hits 12 months.. 

Achandab

I jumped on to the JB Hifi Telstra Plan. $45 BYO and 50GB plus $200 gift card which went towards the new Pixel 3. Telstra is no longer the over priced premium provider it once was. Optus and Voda really need to start bringing something to the table otherwise they will be losing lots of their customers. This RCS fiasco reminds me of how i begged for years when i had an iphone to bring Visual Voicemail (best feature of the iphone) and they were giving their standard response as they are doing now. Even Voda had visual voicemail!

Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Yeldarb

Post removed as it makes no sense when merged with this thread!

Nick_Garfitt

Same story, will be leaving Optus ASAP, they over-promise and under deliver, it took nearly three months for them to simply combine my two phone plans on one bill to enable data sharing, I had to keep contacting Optus every few days as they kept promising it would be done and that they would give me a call by X date and never did. No RCS and expensive phone plans, time to go to Telstra and get out of my contract early.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
24 Kudos
19 Kudos
13 Kudos
11 Kudos
9 Kudos