Searching...

Re: RCS

[ Edited ]
T_Stinson1

RCS is a really great feature. I heard about it earlier this year when Telstra released it, wasn't too bothered. When I actually saw how it was the iMessage of Android, I was blown away Heart

Figuring out Telstra has it and Optus doesn't? That's a different story. 

When will Optus have RCS (Rich Communication Services) support?

[ Edited ]
Nick_Garfitt

Telstra have supported this for a while now, it's essentially the iMessage equivalent for Android devices, so far my experience with the Optus network has been dissatisfying, but I'm forced to stay as I have a plan and if I want to leave would have to pay the phone cost + plan cost which would equal thousands, utterly ridiculous. Optus have said they would support the RCS protocol, but no timeframe given...

Get it done or let me out of my contract, happy to pay for the phone cost but NOT the plan.

Re: When will Optus have RCS (Rich Communication Services) support?

[ Edited ]
Yeldarb

Post removed as it makes no sense when merged with this thread!

Nick_Garfitt

Thank you Yeldarb, this may be what it comes to, so far the network has been disappointing, slow speeds, data drops out, calls fail, not happy at all, and I was definition of forward to RCS sometime in the next century.

[ Edited ]
Yeldarb

Post removed as it makes no sense when merged with this thread!

Nick_Garfitt

Any updates from anyone at Optus?

Achandab

Not sure why you guys are holding your breath. Switched over a few months ago to Telstra along with my family for RCS and just overall better network speeds and havent looked back. Coming from iphone and making the switch to a Pixel, RCS definetely has helped the imessage void. I've managed to get rid of whatsapp now that it can do pretty much everything i could do there. Hoping Optus and Voda do jump on board soon though so friends and family not with Telstra can utilize this awesome feature. 

Highlighted

jiminhno

Don't think Optus cares about its customers who have bought pixel phones, to be honest I know once my plan expires I'll be off to Telstra.

PickleRickC137

I mean.. I've got a Prepaid service with Telstra for my old phone and another phone plan with Optus.. Got nothing else to do but hope Optus does support RCS.. Otherwise people who wants RCS might just go with Telstra instead of Optus..

jiminhno

I have two plans on Optus mine and my partner's, also my father in law, we all will be leaving Optus soon, unless Optus customers get the same support for RCS as Telstra customers are receiving who use pixel smartphones.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
26 Kudos
23 Kudos
18 Kudos
15 Kudos
13 Kudos