Searching...
Highlighted
TheRealJoel

Hi Optus, 

Optus pledged support for RCS last year. Telstra has already implemented the protocol... When will RCS be available to Optus customers? 

Re: RCS

petergdownload

Look interesting, although the lack of encryption in such a modern protocol may give some pause for thought.

Peter Gillespie

TheRealJoel

Encryption or not, Optus formally pledged to the GSMA last year that it would support and roll out the RCS protocol in Australia. In excess of 80 carriers globally have already managed to achieve this including Telstra. 

So Optus, do you plan on honouring your commitment to both the GSMA and to your Australian customers? Or is this just another example of all talk and no action? 

PixelUser

I would like to know the answer to this as well. RCS is important for using advanced messaging features on Android which are not present with only 'sms'. 

Damase

Also following!

Let us know OPTUS Smiley Happy

jiminhno

Would also like to know at least a time frame for RCS, support for Optus 

Toomey

Hey guys, this isn't something my team have received an update on yet but I'll let you know when anything changes.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

jiminhno

A time frame for RCS should  be the minimum response Optus should be giving customers, more action, less talk Optus 

Dan_C

@jiminhno, I've reached out to Networks for their take. As soon as I receive a response, I'll be sure to update this thread. 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

jiminhno

Thankyou..

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
18 Kudos
16 Kudos
9 Kudos
9 Kudos
7 Kudos