cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Porting to Optus - Epic Fail

Do you happen to have the IT case number(s)?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

No, however Chat Agent Harley stated at 13:06, Dec 17:

Sorry to hear this.

I understand your concern, we do had a check with our porting team here internally,

Previously, there was a porting outage with the virgin where our porting team was unable to place any porting request to get the number released from other service provider to Optus.

Currently the porting outage is fixed and when our porting team tried to get your number released and activate with Optus, there was a technical issue occurred and hence our porting team raised an IT case in order to get the it issue resolved.

The porting team confirmed that the IT case will be resolved within 24-48 hours.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I have now been given one IT case number: The IT case number is INC0518491. I have no idea when this was raised, I have no idea where the other IT case numbers are. I didn't bother posting through Social Media as your suggestion - that is not a serious platform for service failure. I did, however, raise a complaint with TIO as there have clearly been lies told over the past 7 days. Your service, Ray, has been the best of an extremely poor bunch
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Thanks... I/we can only provide support of a general nature here as we don't have visibility of or access to customer accounts here on this public forum.

Our Social Media pages are an avenue to receive customer service. Optus has up to 10 business days to respond to your TIO complaint, surely your port is completed before then, here's hoping. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

10 days and counting - 5 days before Christmas with a 36 week pregnant wife. The resolution "executive" had no further information when I contacted her today, 48 hours after I last contacted her. God forbid Optus proactively contact me - of course not. Brilliant work from Optus
0 Kudos
Top Contributors