cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Porting to Optus - Epic Fail

So I've now been without a phone for four days as I try to port from Virgin (also on the Optus network) to Optus. Considering that Virgin has been pushing Optus on their clients for the past 12 months as they look to exit, you would think their two porting teams would be slightly competent in the process steps porting on the same network. But nooooooooo.....of course, been in contact, usual garbage, "its an outage" "24-48 hours" "sorry - another 24-48 hours" "I'll raise an IT Case" "You'll be treated as a priority"....unfortunately I am stuck with these fools for 2 years now. Oh well, I did raise a TIO complaint after the first promise was broken. Welcome to Optus!!!

0 Kudos
14 Replies
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Porting to Optus - Epic Fail

Make that 6 days now without a phone...
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Transferring from Virgin to Optus. Still waiting sim card, over 3 weeks they say usually 5 days.

Still waiting for sim card after 3 weeks. have transferred from virgin to optus how long does this normally take? They say 5 days. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

So this is the chat response - which is pretty much what has been said since last Wednesday (its now the following Monday):
Beyonce at 11:33, Dec 16:
I had a check with the porting team and confirm that there is an application outage from porting team so unable to release a number from virgin to Optus.

I would suggest you to wait for 4 hours to get in the number ported and activate the sim.
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Transferring from Virgin to Optus. Still waiting sim card, over 3 weeks they say usually 5 days.

I am doing same thing - the SIM card came in 3 days - however porting my number over is into the 6th day now. Which means I've had no service for 6 days. I think we made a wrong choice following Virgin's suggestion/offers to go to Optus
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

trying to port 2 numbers from Virgin to Optus - issue on 2nd number

Hi anyone else had this issue recently - first number ported fine - SIM arrived on day 2 and ported on day 3 - 2nd number - NOTHING - it's been 10 days now and I've been told 3 times it's sorted - but going overseas in 6 days and no word of a sim on the 2nd service - let alone it being ported - have signed up to a plan with Roaming data also to be used on this trip - any ideas what I should do.... 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Transferring from Virgin to Optus. Still waiting sim card, over 3 weeks they say usually 5 days.

yep - in the same boat - very disappointing

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

yep - agreed

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hi everyone,

As we've had three complaints about this in the last three days I've merged them together. It's disappointing that this is your first experience with Optus.

I have spoken directly to Mobile Porting Support and they have stated that there is no outage. This aligns with soupaula having the first service transferred over directly and there have been plenty transfer over successfully from Virgin Mobile in the last few days.

Transfers from Virgin Mobile to Optus can take up to 5 business days.

It's not clear if the chat response team checked that the following details were correct on the order submitted:

• Your name and date of birth (your details must match on both accounts, Optus can't see your Virgin Mobile account details)
  • The mobile number you wish to keep
  • Your account number with your previous carrier if you were Postpaid

If there is a mismatch or wrong info the port request will reject. For example if my Virgin Mobile account name is Raymond and I enter it or it was entered with Optus to be in the account name of Ray it will fail. Same if there is a typo in the account number or date of birth submitted, or if the information is actually wrong on the Virgin Mobile side. Can you still log in to your Virgin Mobile My Account to view your personal info to check it's all correct?

From here I would suggest reaching out to our Social Media Response Team.

If you have a social media account, please send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details.

If not, please Message Us here and have the agent confirm what details are appearing in the order.  

Let us know how you go.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Ray - appreciate your effort to respond in detail. Unfortunately, the chat agents remain unable to describe the nature of the "technical issue" preventing the port. They did, however, advise the porting team raised an IT case - unfortunately, the chat team told me the same thing last Wednesday (7 days ago) with a 24-48 hour target. Now today, without any detail of the "technical issue" being provided to me, I am advised there is another IT case being raised with yet another extension of 24-48 hours target to resolve. What a joke. Merry Christmas from Optus eh?

0 Kudos
Top Contributors