cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Poor reception in Harrington Park

Calls got dropped off many times and internet is bad too. Please work on this. Thanks

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Poor reception in Harrington Park

Hi there worasak_c,

We've checked our mobile network coverage map and don't see any reported issues/outages there.

Are you still experiencing this issue now?

Are others on the same network experiencing the same?

Have you tried any troubleshooting?

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Yes, me and my wife are on Optus network. We've got only 1 bar signal (out of 4) everyday. 4G internet is also very unreliable.

We talked to the neighbours and they ALL told us that they have switched to Telstra and problem is solved. Telstra is very strong reception here.

That's sad to leave Optus. You'd better do something in this suburb or risk losing more customers here to other carriers.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Blog Author

Are you able to give us a rough idea of where in Harrington Park you're having the most issues?

For example, a street name? It'll give us a better indication of the coverage we'd expect you to be receiving (indoor and outdoor). 

We do have plans to upgrade the 4G Network in your area in the next 3-6 months. 

Also, just so you're aware. We do have an Optus Network Coverage Commitment. It's worth having a read through. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi and thanks for your reply. Basically, the areas in the centre of the suburb, Harrington Plaza, Hickson Circuit, Bailey Court, Harrington Homestead just to name a few.

What exactly do you plan to upgrade and when exactly will it be, not 3 to 6 months because it is too long? What are we going to do during this time? Don't use the phone at home?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Blog Author

I can't pin point an exact date for you @worasak_c

According to our planned coverage map, we're seeing a plan to increase 4G coverage on our 700Mhz & 2100Mhz Frequency bands.

In Bailey court, I'm seeing a reading of poor-marginal indoor coverage on the same Network frequency bands. 

I'd suggest messaging via the My Optus App. Leave us with your details and we a raise an investigation with our Mobile Tech team. From their end, they'll be able to see how often your phone is dropping off the Network. From there, we'll be able to discuss some options with you. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I live in oran park, and my reception and my mrs is very bad too. been here for 1.5 years. and it's always 1 or 2 bars. takes forever to load internet. sometimes calls don't even get through. thinking of switching to Telstra
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi @bacily86, sorry to hear about your ongoing mobile connection issue.  Yes, there is a major fault reported with the tower in your area ORAN PARK, NSW, 2570 with reference no: 22646387. Has been going on for few months now as we are waiting for parts.

You can always check our Network Status here to confirm → https://www.optus.com.au/about/network/service-status?_ga=2.31360955.586007117.1503271635-1521067269... and also receive regular updates by clicking on"Click here to keep me posted". Once the issue is resolved then contact our billing team via the → messaging service to adjust the bill for the period your service was affected.

Apologies for the inconvenience and we appreciate your patience.

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Our problem to this was solved since we've switched to Telstra.
0 Kudos