cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Poor coverage in work tower - Collins Square, Docklands, Melbourne

I heard back from them and was told it's not a priority for Optus to do anything about the service at Collins Square and that if I didn't like it I can break my contract without penalty and either return or buy my handset. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I heard nothing. Wonderful customer service. 

I must admit, I have been so busy it completely slipped my mind to follow it up. I have connected to my work guest wireless and I rarely go downstairs to the problematic areas, so it has gone down the priorities list. I should chase them up though.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I raised a complaint. Heard back from them today twice. First Lady said she'd check if there was any works planned and gave me 50% discount on my bill for 3 months. Second person called to say there are no works planned to fix it, they'd raise it with engineers for consideration later. Have ordered my belong Sim card today, so guess switching provider is the only option left.

New Contributor
New Contributor

You are fortunate that you can just take your business elsewhere. I have 18 months to go on a 24 month contract. Otherwise ... I would be doing exactly as you have - go to a Telstra MVNO.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I work at 120 Collins St, Melbourne and my Optus 4G signal is unusuable.  My speedtest gives me 1.81 Mbps downloads/1.91 Mbps Uploads.  I was with Vodafone a couple of months ago and I had great speed then.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Optus did contact me a while back and basically said too bad. 

They are happy to tear up my contract without any financial penalty but no plans or priority to fix the reception issues at Collins Square. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Just started working in this building yesterday.  Frankly I am surprised and disgusted with this issue.  On certain floors during induction, I couldn't even make a voice call and data is a joke, my phone shows me the H+ symbol and won't even load a simple browser page.

Very disappointed I have to lose out on significant investment by breaking my S10 plus contract after six months, but I'm better off buying a refurb of the same phone with Samsung warranty and switching to a Telstra MNVO.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors