Searching...

Re: Poor coverage in work tower - Collins Square, Docklands, Melbourne

sharmanism

If you hear more from Optus re the issue please keep us posted. 

WirelessGuru

Optus engineers have advised that there is an Internal Building Coverage device which the Collins Square strata has deployed via a 3rd party. They can see people's mobiles connecting to this but they suspect that this device hasn't been set up in a way that ensures expected capacity requirements.

Optus have made a tweak to the tower adjacent to the building however they advise customers to get in contact with Collins Square management (https://www.collinssquare.com.au/contact/) in order to make tweaks to their Internal Building Coverage device.

Highlighted

roysterdoyster

Have ran a few speed tests today and still no improvement within Collins Square for me (6.1MB download speeds out on Collins Street, 1kb download speeds inside the building).

I contacted Collins Square management and here is their response:

"Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback.

Tower Two is equipped with a Telstra DAS system, this has been checked and all is operating correctly. Other service providers are currently putting together proposals to roll out their service throughout Tower Two.

We encourage you to direct all future enquiries of this nature through to your internal facilities department who will then take it up with the Collins Square Management Facilities team."

so it sounds, to the entrained ear, that Optus have not provided the required hardware to improve coverage inside the building.

I've had enough of doing Optus's job here and getting no support from Optus. Changing over to Telstra contract next week. 

sharmanism

Reception and data speeds still woeful in Tower 4. 

Service is often unusable.

Ray_YC

This is not something that we can currently assist with here on the forum.

As this appears to have been going on for a while, please follow our complaints process.  

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

sharmanism

This is the response I recieved from Collins Square yesterday re the poor reception in Tower 4. 

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us with your enquiry.

Tower 4 is equipped with Telstra and Vodafone DAS systems. Both have been checked and all is operating correctly.

Other service providers including OPTUS were invited to install their DAS system and at this stage have not taken up this offer.

Collins Square Management will continue to work with service providers to roll out their service throughout Tower 4.

roysterdoyster

It's great that we all doing optus's job for them. Pointing us to their complaints process? A new low in customer service.

noodlesau

There is at least 5,000 people if not more in CS, so a lot would be Optus customers and this is how the treat thousands of people. Not to mention CS is a professional workplace, so a lot of people need their phones to work.

Its frustrating when a client cannot call you or you can’t even send/ receive an email.

If Telstra was smart it’s marketing team would promote its better coverage in CS.

[ Edited ]
AHeath

Well, I folowed the advice and logged a complaint on Tuesday. Got a pro-forma "We received your complaint" email, in which I was promised someone would be in contact with me with 2 business days.

It is now officially the 3rd business day, and have had no contact. 

I wonder when they might contact me? 

White_beard

Have you heard back from them? This is so painfully slow!

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
18 Kudos
18 Kudos
10 Kudos
9 Kudos
7 Kudos