Searching...

Re: Poor coverage in work tower - Collins Square, Docklands, Melbourne

sharmanism

If you hear more from Optus re the issue please keep us posted. 

WirelessGuru

Optus engineers have advised that there is an Internal Building Coverage device which the Collins Square strata has deployed via a 3rd party. They can see people's mobiles connecting to this but they suspect that this device hasn't been set up in a way that ensures expected capacity requirements.

Optus have made a tweak to the tower adjacent to the building however they advise customers to get in contact with Collins Square management (https://www.collinssquare.com.au/contact/) in order to make tweaks to their Internal Building Coverage device.

Highlighted

roysterdoyster

Have ran a few speed tests today and still no improvement within Collins Square for me (6.1MB download speeds out on Collins Street, 1kb download speeds inside the building).

I contacted Collins Square management and here is their response:

"Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback.

Tower Two is equipped with a Telstra DAS system, this has been checked and all is operating correctly. Other service providers are currently putting together proposals to roll out their service throughout Tower Two.

We encourage you to direct all future enquiries of this nature through to your internal facilities department who will then take it up with the Collins Square Management Facilities team."

so it sounds, to the entrained ear, that Optus have not provided the required hardware to improve coverage inside the building.

I've had enough of doing Optus's job here and getting no support from Optus. Changing over to Telstra contract next week. 

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
24 Kudos
19 Kudos
14 Kudos
11 Kudos
9 Kudos