Searching...

Poor coverage in work tower - Collins Square, Docklands, Melbourne

[ Edited ]
sharmanism

I've recently changed over to Optus from Telstra and mostly very happy however the office tower I work in has terrible reception - to the point where i cannot make or receive calls and data requests take forever.

Downstairs the reception is perfect but on level 12 it's terrible. The location is Collins Square, 727 Collins St, Docklands.

Does Optus have any plans in place to rectify this issue?

Re: Poor coverage in work tower - Collins Square, Docklands, Melbourne

GuyCS

Hey @sharmanism - not great to hear you're having trouble with your service on level 12 of your building. I've had a look at our network status for 727 Collins St but can't see any reported outages at this stage.

Did you experience similar issues when you were with Telstra? It may be that there's some sort of interference on level 12 that is hurting your reception considering your service works normally on ground level. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

[ Edited ]
sharmanism

No problems with Telstra.

Other work colleagues are experiencing issues with Optus reception to. Those on Telstra and Vodafone are saying no issues.

Highlighted

Shauna

Ah okay @sharmanism - I can't see anything that would be restricting you from getting good coverage as you're in prime position!

The good news is, there are some major upgrades in the whole CBD area (especially Docklands) within the next 3-6 months. It looks like we're upgrading a number of frequencies to be stronger which is well needed given the Docklands area has had some major growth over the last few years. 

If possible, sit tight a little bit longer & you should see improvements. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

AHeath

This probably should not be marked as solved - at least it has not been solved for me.

We are on a multi-floor tenancy a little higer than the OP. 4G is unusable within the tenancy, and most of the time I am unable to receive or make phone calls.

Downstairs on ground level, near Collins street I get full 5-bar signal and 4G data and phone calls are fine, but ground floor near the back of the building, closer to Wurrundjerri Way, there is quite often get "SOS only" or "no signal".

This has been the case for over a year, and continues to be the case now. 

goode

I’ve also just started working at 727 Collins st and also get terrible serivce or no service. It’s completely unusable. You urgently need to upgrade service in this area of the city. 

akts1974

I totally agree - have been at Collins Square for more than two years, and have NEVER had even the bare minimum coverage.

As a matter of fact, having been with Optus since 2010 I can say that reception have been deteriorating. Definitely switching to Telstra when my contract expires.

2Cents

I have a similar issue with Optus reception at Collins Square. Between levels 19 and 20 there is very poor service. There are also dead zones on level 19 where there is no internet coverage. Calls made cannot be heard on level 20. The service to the building needs to be improved given the number of people working in the towers.

clubylight

I am experiencing the same issue next door at 111 Collins St, Melbourne VIC 3000. Switched to Optus late last year and now locked into a 2yr contract, that I am now regretting. I get a 4G connection that is only running at 2mbps, and when making or receiving calls person on the other end cannot understand me, I can just manage to hear them. This is a major issue when my job revolves around making and receiving phone calls.

How many more replies does Optus need before they actually look into the issue, instead of someone just checking that the closest tower is working?

KC96

I don't thinkt that this issue should be marked as solved & I am also having this problem.

I recently switched to Optus from Telstra and the reception thus far has been atrocious. I am on the 8th floor on Collins Street and it took approximately 5 minutes for my phone to be able to load the Google homepage.

I'm using an iPhone XS and rarely ever have more than 1 bar of signal.

Is this something that Optus is looking into? I am regretting changing over from Telstra.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
17 Kudos
16 Kudos
9 Kudos
9 Kudos
7 Kudos